In the Media
S. L. YOUNG’S Media Profile
Dr. Young's profile provides a summary of his professional and academic backgrounds.
If interested in having Dr. Young for an appearance, interview, or speaking engagement, then submit a request on the “Contact” page.
S. L. YOUNG in the Media
- Arlington Magazine - 5/29/20 - COVID Chronicles: S. L. Young - "Stepping outside of my crazy, busy existence, I suddenly experienced the balance that had been missing."
- #OhMyGoff Show with Angie Goff - 1/21/20 - Mr. Young shared his inspirational story with Angie Goff (co-anchor on FOX 5 DC WTTG at 4 p.m.) on her show #OhMyGoff.
- A regular feature in the Falls Church News-Press --- "Our Man in Arlington" by Charlie Clark (November 2017) --- highlights Mr. Young's work at the Arlington County Detention Facility with his non-profit organization "Saving Our Communities at Risk Through Educational Services (SOCARTES)".
- A LinkedIn article "Workplace Ethics: Snitches Get Stitches (October 2016)" was written about Mr. Young's very well-received presentation "Confronted with an Ethical Dilemma: What will you do?" at the 2016 Project Management Institute (PMI) Global Congress
- Maggie Linton Show - 1/12/16 - a powerful and emotional discussion as Mr. Young reunites with the high school principal who prevented him from dropping out of high school 30 years ago
- Maggie Linton Show - 11/5/15 - discussion about Mr. Young's volunteer work with inmates and dealing with holiday blues
- News Channel 8 with Autria Godfrey - 8/18/15 - discussion about Mr. Young's ability to overcome educational challenges to become a college professor
- Real Talk with Rashad Richey - 6/19/15 - discussion about Mr. Young's journey from at-risk student-directed to leave school in 10th grade to commencement speaker with his mentee graduating at the same event.
- FOX 5 D.C. with Allison Seymour - 3/11/15 - discusses Mr. Young's depression and recovery after a near-suicide.
- UnStuckable Podcast with Chris Wilson - 2/25/15 - discusses overcoming challenges to move forward toward a fulfilled life.
- The Thornton Business Hour with Pat Thornton - 02/18/15 - discussion about workplace culture, workplace bullying, and ethical opportunity cost on WOL 1450 AM in Washington, DC.
- Real Life with Lisa Jesswein - 02/5/15 - discusses overcoming educational challenges, depression, suicidal thoughts, and workplace bullying.
- Talks with Sheba interview with Dr. Sheba Holly - 12/31/14 - discussion about "The Concept of Belief."
- Maggie Linton Show - 12/2/14 - discussion about Mr. Young's progress to recover after disclosing my battles with depression and a near-suicide on the Maggie Linton Show on 8/18/14.
- Talks with Sheba interview with Dr. Sheba Holly - 10/29/14 - discussion about depression, types of depression, Mr. Young's battle with depression and journey to recover after a near-suicide, and ways to function while depressed.
- Simple Steps Real Change interview with Cheryl Maloney - 10/29/14 - discussion about Mr. Young's ability to overcome educational challenges, the journey to battle depression, and recovery from a near-suicide.
- #ConversationsLIVE interview with Cyrus Webb - 10/27/14 - discussion about Mr. Young's ability to motivate me and use my skills to uplift, inspire, and educate others.
- Kimberly Kaye's "Author of the Week" interview (9/23/14) on 96 KIX in Jackson, TN.
- Maggie Linton Show - 08/18/14 - discussion about Mr. Young's journey to deal with depression and near suicide, detailed in his book "Choosing To Take A Stand: Changed me, my life, and my destiny".
- Radio show pitch. Mr. Young discusses the Real Housewives of Atlanta (RHOA) physical confrontation and workplace bullying, an interview with Sharon Tindall, Master Quilter for Underground Railroad Quilt Codes, and the quote the day.
- Article "The Elite 8 Showcased at the ProKennex Tournament of Champions" written for the International Racquetball Tour (irt-tour.com).
- Maggie Linton Show - 02/10/14 - discussion about overcoming challenges, developing communities, helping inmates make positive changes, and my non-profit "Saving Our Communities at Risk Through Educational Services (SOCRATES)."
- Mr. Young is honored to be profiled as an American University alumni success story, "Stacey Young Empowers "At Risk" Students to Succeed in Business (January '14)" by Heidi Hokanson.
- Mr. Young's tweet "Social entrepreneurship is about being real - helping others with their struggles - to inspire others to uplift themselves." was quoted in a Storify Story "Social Entrepreneurship & Education (12/12/13)" by the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.
- FOX 5 D.C. Morning News - 10/14/13 - Mr. Young's interview with FOX 5 D.C. Morning News (WTTG) anchor Allison Seymour with S. L. Young about his book on workplace bullies, "Bullies...They're in Your Office, Too: Could you be one?".
- Maggie Linton Show - 09/09/13 - Segment 1 of 2 - discussion about Mr. Young's books, "It's a Crazy World...Learn From It" series and "Above Expectations - My Story: an unlikely journey from almost failing high school to becoming a college professor," including conversation about his educational challenges, the importance of individual accountability and responsibility, the impact of an individual's environment, the necessity of a good support system, and the power of choice.
- The Maggie Linton Show - 09/09/13 - Segment 2 of 2 - discussion about Mr. Young's book, "Bullies...They're In Your Office, Too: Could you be one?", including conversation about workplace bullying, the importance of reporting and documenting bullying incidents, organizational policy, and the impact of bullying on consultants.